The NZ Property Market Podcast
S2.E13 - Special, reaction to Government Housing Announcement
March 23, 2021
In a special edition, reactionary pod, Nick and Kelvin cover off the big announcement made by the Government on Tuesday 23 March 2021. The changes announced are as follows:
- Remove interest deductibility for new investors immediately, and for existing owners phased to 2025 – new builds to be exempt
- Extend Brightline Test to 10 years – new builds exempt from the extension
- Raise income and price caps for FHB assistance
- $3.8bn fund to help bring forward infrastructure
- Extension of the Apprenticeship Boost initiative by four months, to further support trades and trades training.
Nick and Kelvin discuss the ins and outs of the changes as well as their likely impact (or not) on the housing market.
Check out all our regular CoreLogic research insights at https://www.corelogic.co.nz/research-news and get in touch on LinkedIn, twitter @NickGoodall_CL or @KDavidson_CL or send us an email on [email protected] or [email protected]